If you have orthodontic insurance for you or your child, this can greatly reduce your overall treatment costs! There are many different insurance options to choose from.
We accept most major dental insurances! When you schedule your complimentary consultation we will collect your insurance information and have our team of insurance specialists get right to work to determine your exact coverage!
Here’s what you need to know about the cost of braces with insurance.
How much does insurance cover for braces?
The cost of braces will depend on a number of factors. There are many different insurance plans and providers that cover a portion of orthodontic treatment, so your exact coverage will depend on the plan you choose.
The cost of braces without insurance and the cost of braces with insurance can vary greatly depending on how much your plan covers.
Please note that your treatment costs may be less than average or more than the average, depending on:
- The type of insurance plan you choose
- The severity of your condition
- The length of your treatment
- The payment plan you choose
You can lower your out-of-pocket braces cost by choosing our in-house interest-free financing option!
Insurance Payment Plans
Orthodontic insurance companies work in several ways, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Percentage with a lifetime maximum — Some companies offer a rate with a lifetime maximum; for example, payable at 50% with a lifetime maximum of $3000 per person. This means that the insurance will cover 50% of the treatment until it reaches the limit of $3000.
- A fixed copay — This option is much simpler and much more common. In this case, the insurance company will charge a fixed copay (amount varies) and pay the remaining cost of braces.
- Cover a percentage — Some companies’ coverage is based on a rate or percentage. For example, if the insurance company covers 60% of your orthodontic treatment, you will be responsible for the remaining 40%. It all depends on the type of coverage you get.
How much are braces?
The cost of braces varies based on the length of your treatment, your insurance coverage and the payment plan you choose. You can choose Traditional metal braces, Clear braces, or Damon braces. In a lot of practices, these options can come at a higher cost, but at Insoft & Hurst Orthodontics any option you choose will cost the same!
While many orthodontists upcharge the cost of Invisalign, we offer Invisalign at the same price as traditional braces. It all comes down to your preferences! We don’t want finances to be the determining factor in the type of treatment you choose.
If you or your teen begin treatment with Invisalign, and you realize you’d prefer braces, you can switch to braces at no additional charge. As long as you decide to switch to braces within the first 6 months of your treatment, we’ll help you transition to braces free of charge.
For our patients whose cases are purely esthetic, not functional, we may extend an esthetic courtesy toward your treatment too! We can determine whether your case is esthetic, functional, or both during your initial exam.
If you have insurance, this can lower your costs even more! When you visit us for your complimentary consultation, we’ll examine your condition, discuss your financial needs and calculate your insurance coverage to determine the cost of treatment.
If you have any more questions about the cost of braces with insurance or without insurance, we encourage you to reach out to us! We’d love to hear from you.